Sunday, January 18, 2015

A week back in Mochis (Emailed 1/12/2015)

Hi again!  How did everyone's week go? 

So my first week back in los Mochis was pretty crazy.  It's been fun to go see some of my coverts and investigators and the members here.  They were all pretty surprised to see me here again!  That has made it pretty fun.  They all tell me that my Spanish is a lot better than it was then, so I guess I've improved!

It is so weird to me to be here though.  I am walking down the same streets that I was before.  We visit other people though.  I go home to the same house, sleep in the same bed, buy food from the same places and from the same people.  It's all the same, but it's all different.  I'm a lot different too though, and I think that's what makes it so weird.  I don't think in the same way that I did then.

This is still the prettiest area I have had.  I am on the outskirts of the town.  Lots of dirt roads, lots of open fields, lots of canals.  This is the epitome of middle of nowhere northwestern Mexico.  It is so much different here.  The way of life is just incredible sometimes.  there's somethings that I never would have seen anywhere else here.  I love it.

Really I'm just getting to know the people that we're teaching now.  I'm not new here, so I'm not lost and I know a lot of the people already.

Anyways, I'm excited to be working here!  Love you all lots!!!! Miss you guys!!!
(I just wish you could all hear the unbelievable amount of noise here right now.  We are talking battles of who can play their music the loudest...)

Love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment