Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Just... out of the ordinary ;)

Well hi ;)  How are you all doing this week?  I miss you guys!

So as I said in the subject, this week has just been a little different.  It was pretty crazy!  we had to experience lots of rejections and disappointments this week and we were pretty exhausted by the end of each day.  They shut off our water for part of the week and we didn't know why, we had also rented a washing machine from last Monday until today, and when my companion used it, it worked fine, but when I went to wash my clothes this morning, it literally started falling apart and I had to hold it together as I got soaked in soapy laundry water.  We literally went through it all this week.  By Sunday morning, both my companion and I were just kind of exhausted.  None of our investigators went to church, more rejection and more hard times.

Sunday night our district leader called us and asked us what happened to us this week.  He asked us what we think we could do different this week to make up for the last week we had.  My companion and I just kind of sat there thinking, "What haven't we tried this week? We were giving it our all and everything just went downhill on its own!  This wasn't our fault!"  As we thought about what we could do better, I realized something.  Maybe we had been working hard and we had decided to be super obedient and hard working this week, but yes we can improve.  More than that though, is that this is our test.  If we decide that we are going to give it our all and be the best we can, we cant just expect blessings immediately.  The point of this life is to progress.  If we make the decision to be obedient, the trials are going to come, and they will be hard.  And they will keep coming and coming so that we can learn to stick it out to the end. If we want to be obedient, we have to keep being obedient and exercise our faith, even when we cant see the blessings or the end of the hard times.

That's what life is all about.  Its a test to see if we will be faithful through it all.  So even though this week was a bit different than the rest, were not giving up.  Better yet, were going to put forth more of an effort and stick this out as long as we need to.  The blessings will come, we just have to suffer a bit first.

Anyways,  Just to end with a bit of humor, we decided to give our hands a break from washing by hand, and we rented a laundry machine.  my companion used it last Monday, and I was going to use it this Monday.  It worked fine when my comp used it, but when I tried to wash my clothes, it literally started fling apart and I literally had to hold it together.  By the end, i just gave up.  I was soaked, covered in soap and dirt, and a complete mess.  Also, the house were in might be the only house with a toaster and a toaster oven in the whole mission.  This is soooo rare in Mexico!!  So i have enjoyed eating actual toast, and this morning I made......BROWNIES!!!

Ok, love you all tons!!!  Gotta go now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment