Monday, April 28, 2014

Bienvenidos a Mochis!!!

So, you can probably guess, I've been transferred to Los Mochis!  I'm so excited!!  I'm really happy that I got to go to Mochis.  It's great here!  A lot prettier than Obregon, a lot more green!  Still a complete desert and all, but better!!  It's also not as hot!  Don't get me wrong, it's still suuuuper hot!  And it's a lot more humid here, so we actually sweat more...  But that's just life!

My new companion is Hermana Mendez.  She is sooo sweet!  And there's 2 more companionships in the ward, so there's 6 hermanas total serving in my ward.  It's about triple the size of my last ward though, which only had about 55 active members.  I know one of the other companionships, and the 4 of us really just hit it off today!  We are going to have soo much fun!

I am sad to leave Obregon though!  Things were great there!  But it was time for me to leave!  It was so sweet though!  My last saturday, Marisol was baptized!  The rest of her family all want to be baptized, they just can't yet.  In a bit more time, they'll be able to though!  It was soo cute and sweet!  The whole family is adorable!

Saturday was a little crazy though!  About 30 minutes before the service was supposed to start, we realized that while the font was supposed to have been filling up with water, the water in the whole building stopped working and there was only about 3 inches of water in the font.  There were 2 baptisms, 30 minutes away, people were already there, and later that night, there was supposed to be more from different wards.  We were all going crazy trying to figure out how to get water!  There were investigators there and some hermanas ran to go find buckets to fill the font by hand, and we were calling people  to help!  Greatfully, the elders got the water to start working again, and everything went perfectly from then on!  It was so sweet!

Things are going good though!  I love being here and doing the work of the Lord!  I'm super excited for this new transfer and for everything!!

Love you all tons!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment