Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rain!!!

What a week!! (emailed 3/10/2014)

So I hope everyone´s doing well!!  I miss everyone!!

This week I spent a lot of time sick in bed.  Both my companion, Hna. Lindsley, and I were super sick.  Lots of fun there!!  We´re both feeling better now though, so that´s good!  Still recovering, but 10 times better!

This has probably been my craziest week yet!  I´m a little short on time, so I don´t know how much detail I´ll be going into.  I actually spent most of my time in Guaymus for my visa today with some other missionaries.  It was super fun because my companions from the MTC went with me!  We all had so much fun!

So we didn´t have water from Friday to Sunday.  That was interesting.  I just love not showering and walking around in the heat all day!¨:)  haha!!!  It was pretty hilarious actually!

Yesterday it rained!!!  The first time yet!  It´s been overcast fairly often, so I´m always waiting for the rain, but it never comes.  Well, until yesterday!!  And when it rains here, it REALLY rains.  In about 30 seconds the streets were flooding!  It was crazy, but super good!  It didn´t rain much, and the sun did come out later, but we were drenched!!  I loved it!!

So bad news, Carlo decided he wasn´t ready for baptism and is now extremely hard to get a hold of.  Ezekiel´s baptism is scheduled for this Saturday though!  He´s golden!  I love him so much!  We´ll see though...  He´s moving and there´s been some ¨miscommunication¨ of sorts.  He´ll be baptized no matter what, I just might be transferred before then.

Speaking of, what???  My first transfer is next week!  That´s crazy!  Where has the time gone?

So, I want to share a funny story from this week, but I honestly don´t know which one...  I could easily say that this week could be the strangest, funniest, craziest week of my entire mission.  Hands down!  Well, actually, things just keep getting stranger and funnier as time goes by so we´ll see.  If this pattern keeps up though, the end of my mission will be insane!!!!   Hahaha!!

I actually was eating lunch with Hna. Lindsley at a miembro´s house this week and she told me that I had to use the bathroom there.  I didn´t actually have to go, but she was adament that I see this bathroom.  So it´s in the hall between the bedroom and their family room of sorts.  The only door there is a sliding glass shower door.  Then inside the bathroom, both the toilet and the sink are right up against the shower, which was another glass shower door, and the other door to the hallway.  The sink is sooo close to the toilet that there´s almost no room.  So she opens the bathroom door, and calls to someone in the shower.  They´re probably about 13 years old, and she just tells her that the missionary, me, needs to use the bathroom.  Then she proceeds to have me go in and use the bathroom, in between the 2 glass doors, while people are in the other room, and next to someone showering!  I didn´t actually have to go, but I couldn´t even fake it, because everyone would know!  So I go back out and my comp. is smiling and asks me how I liked the bathroom.  I couldn´t even keep from laughing as I told her that someone was showering as I went.  We both lost it.  We were doing everything we could to keep from dying of laughter.  We did teach a lesson though!  Tears streaming down our faces and all!

On a more serious note though, Saturday our ward had a trip to the temple!!  It was so cool!  We didn´t get to go, but my first recent convert, Audino, and his other recent convert friends, Hermes y Raul, all went and did baptisms together!!  They were soooo cute about it!  So spiritual for them!  They loved it so much!  On Sunday they showed us all their pictures and told us their great experiences!  Afterwards they went shopping and bought some church things.  They are so incredibly happy to have the gospel in their lives!!  It´s amazing!!!

Well I love you all tons!!  Take care!

Con amor,
Hermana Skeen

No comments:

Post a Comment