Monday, March 3, 2014

Pues... Hola From Your Favorite Missionary in Mexico!

Hola todo!

This week's been a crazy one, that's for sure!  I love being a missionary though!  Best thing ever! 

So wanna know about some of my amazing investigators?  Well you don't have much of a choice... :)  Haha!!

So on the 15 and 16 we should be having 2 baptisms.  Their names are Ezekiel and Carlo.  Carlo's uncle is actually a recent convert and so we started talking to Carlo.  He's a hilarious spaz, but he's great!  He reads everything we ask him and actually knows all the information, but as soon as we begin talking about why it's important, he gets super quiet and thoughtful and tells us that it's all just beautiful.  And he actually says beautiful.  He's trying to work on his English, which is super hilarious at times.  He's said some downright funny things, where I can't help but cry from laughter! 

Then Ezekiel, we actually just met a week ago. He just walked into the church and no one actually knew who he was.  Turns out, he had been working for the church as security, and actually met Elder Christofferson.  He had been attending a different barrio in the city, but he didn't know where his ward was supposed to meet, until this sunday.  We met his girlfriend, who's a member, and she's adorable!  But Ezekiel is just amazing.  Our second lesson we had with him, we asked him if he had prayed about what we had taught him.  He immediately teared up and said that yes, and he knew that it's true.  The rest of the lesson was amazing!  And at the end we had him pray.  As he knelt there, he offered the most sincere and heartfelt prayer of gratitude to his Father.  And as he prayed both him and his girlfriend were sobbing.  It was soo beautiful and spiritual.  Some of our elders were having a baptism later that day so we were able to show him the font, and he met the boy being baptized that day.  He couldn't stay though, so that was kind of sad.  But he's just soo great!!  I love him so much!!

We have 3 more investigators scheduled for march 30 as well, and these women are just incredible!  I'll have to tell you all about them next week though! 

Funny stories of the week -

So we were studying with our zone leaders this week.  One of them is from Utah, the other is from the Dominican Republic and speaks almost no English.  For some reason, we were having our studies in English that day though.  So he was trying to share a scripture with us but he couldn't remember how to say "chapter."  My cute companion was trying to help him and started to speak, but then he blurted out, "shut up!"  we were all just sitting there in shock for a split second until we realized that he actually though that was the word for "chapter"  I lost it!!  Tears streaming down my face lost it!!  Sooo funny!!

Then Carlo was trying to tell us that he had to find this sheet of paper for his work.  He was completely serious, but then when he tried to pronounce sheet in English, his accent said something completely different, and we were at church and everything!  My comp. and I both lost it there too! 

This just makes me super worried for my Spanish!  How do people not crack up when I'm speaking???  Hahahaha!!

Oh, and I learned that I cannot say I like anything that someone has.  They'll give it to me without a second thought and will not accept a refusal...  I have now aquired a mustache bracelet completely by accident....

But that's Mexico!!!  I love it here!  Love the work!!!! This is the best!!!

Love you all and miss you tons!!!!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Skeen

No comments:

Post a Comment