Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cambios!!!!

Ok, first transfer is over.  What happened to the time!  I can't belive I've been in Mexico for a month and a half!  It's crazy!

We were able to end the transfer with the best baptism ever though!  Ezequiel was baptized on Saturday!  It was beautiful!  He was so incredibly happy!  And he bore the most beautiful testimony ever afterwards!  I'm so proud of him and so happy for him!

We even had 2 investigators come to the baptism and they are super excited and ready for their turn!  It won't be until the 20 of April though.  And, I only have one of our investigators....because of cambios!

So my area, Mayo, is the smallest area and ward in our zone.  They love the missionaries, so they actually requested more to help the ward grow, and that's what happened!  So I'm actually in Mayo B now, which we honestly never even went in.  So this will be an adventure, because my companion doesn't know the area at all either!  I did move houses though.  That was fun... :)  We're actually not even in my new area, or my old area, but we're close!  There were just no houses anywhere for us though!  Our new house is nice, but super small!  The bathroom is part of the bedroom, then we have a kitchen and 1 table.  We'll see how this works! :)  I'm super excited for it though!!  And my new comp is super great!  Her name's Hna. Ortiz, and she is just about to hit her 1 year mark this week!  She's really great though!  And I'm happy that we're staying in the same ward, and so is my other companion, she's just in Mayo A.  So we'll still get to see each other daily!  This is so fun!

So funny story of the week:

Today we moved in to our new house.  The house had nothing.  No dishes, almost no furniture, nothing!  It did have a TV, but we had them take that out for us :)  So of course, my comp and I went shopping!  It was just the 2 of us, and my comp is tiny!  Probably the smallest person I've met yet!  We bought a lot of stuff.  We needed cleaning supplies and dishes and food!  The only stores that had what we needed though were far away, and so we took the bus.  So then we're walking out, with no ride but the bus, and way too far to walk, and lots of groceries.  We didn't want to spend the money on a taxi, so we put our bags on the broom that we bought and a rod that we bought to hang our clothes on and got on the (crowded) bus.  It was a joke!  It was all super heavy, and there was no room, and we're just these 2 silly giggly girls carrying it all on a broom and a rod!  Then once we got off, we started walking to our house, and almost all of the bags broke.  We have no phone because our area's brand new, and we have no way to get help or a ride.  Struggle!!!  We were laughing sooo hard!  Eventually a member from another ward saw us and gave us a ride to our house, but it was hilarious!

Anyways, it's been a great week so far!!  I've learned a lot (like when to ignore the crazy drunkards following us, and when to run from them...But no worries!  I'm completely safe!  I have promise of the Lord!) and done a lot, and seen a lot!  Loving being a missionary more than anything!!

love you all and miss you all!!!

Hermana Skeen

No comments:

Post a Comment