Monday, January 27, 2014

Loving the MTC!!

Sent January 23, 2014

Hola!

It's been such a crazy past few weeks!  Sorry I didn't send out an email last week!  I was sick though, so I have a good excuse!  I am getting really sad to leave this place though!  Don't get me wrong, I am more excited than ever to go to Mexico, but I only have 10 days left in the United States, and I love being in the MTC!  I guess it's getting real though, since I went to go get my visa yesterday!

I love the MTC though!  This past Monday, we lost two districts from our zone!  I was really sad for them to leave, because we all just loved each other so much!  But then we welcomed 2 more new districts to our zone yesterday!  And all four of us Hermanas in my district have been called to be the zone's sister training leaders.  We were the only hermanas left to call, and they had to call all four of us because Hna. Benally is leaving us within a few days!  So we'll be back to a trio again. :)

I love being a missionary though!  It's so fun here and I can't wait to go to Mexico!  When we were on our way to Salt Lake, we met this Hispanic couple that spoke almost no English, so we were able to speak with them!  Totally went into missionary mode!  :)  It was super exciting!

So we have had some amazing devotionals these past 2 weeks!   We had Elder Bednar come again, which was sooo great!  And we've one of the head people running the MTC speak (he's not in the presidency and I don't have his name handy), but at that devotional, he actually called me up and I spoke in front of the entire MTC.  We had the Presiding Bishop speak, and we've had Sheri Dew come, and just this last Tuesday, we also had the 1st counselor in the Presiding Bishopric, Gerald Causse.   I loved that one so much.  If you can, watch it!  I don't know if you'll be able to get your hands on the video because it was just for the Provo  MTC and it wasn't broadcast, but you should try!  It was sooo amazing!  And if you watch his eyes when he speaks, he looked directly at me a lot of the time, so try to figure out where I could have been sitting!

I love these devotionals though!  They're so great!  I want to tell you about all of them, but I don't have time, but they're really good!  But that one was my favorite!

Well I love you all!  Write me lots!  I love hearing from you and then I can be more specific about all of my crazy experiences!


Hermana Skeen

No comments:

Post a Comment