Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hola from the MTC!

Hola everyone!

Can I just say again how much I'm loving the MTC!  It's so great here!  It's not the easiest, but it's great! 

I miss you all so much!  I hope everyone is doing well!  Feel free to write me! :)  I love getting mail! Haha!

So on Tuesday, the Presiding Bishop of the Church came to speak to us!  It was amazing!  He really talked a lot about finding our visions in life.  Finding the vision for ourselves in life, the vision for us as missionaries of the Lord, and our vision of the people we are serving.  It was great!  He spoke with his wife, and they were both just super cute!  I loved it!  One of my favorites so far!  He really focused on how we can be better missionaries!  Anyways, I loved it!  Just wanted to share some of that.  He quoted Preach My Gospel, when he was talking about learning the language and seeking it.  I won't say it exact, but it was talking about how part of seeking is the labor and the struggle.  But it all pays off in the end!

So I'm no longer in a trio!  It seems like every week so far things have changed!  One of our districts in our zone left this past week, and one of the Hermanas had to stay behind because she broke her pinky and couldn't go to Mexico for a few more weeks.  So she is now in our district, and her new companion is my old companion.  Now my companion is HNA. Cook!  We all still live together, but since HNA. Andelin and I were companions originally, we had to switch all of our things around to get the 2 rooms to each companionship again.  It's just been crazy!  We feel like it's been hard for us because all the Elders have had their companions for 3 weeks now and have figured out how to best work with each other, and every week us hermanas start all over!  But we love it!  These girls are great!

Ok, so funny story, in our apartments, there's one larger room with a nicer bunk bed, 2 desks, 2 dressers, 2 closets, one of which is a walk in, and then in the other room, there's only 1 of everything and it's smaller.  So after we had switched our rooms around, we were talking with 2 of the elders in our district, and we asked them if they had a good room and a bad room in their apartment and who had which one.  So one of the elders (these 2 were not companions) replied no, and the other one said something about how yes, his room had 2 closets.  So this other elder, with a completely shocked look on his face looks at the other and is all like, "Wait, what?  You have 2 closets??"  it was so funny!  I was dying!!  But then it gets even better!  Turns out, this elder had split his small closet with his companion, given him the 2 better drawers in the dresser, and his companion also took the closet in the hall.  So he has 1/2 a closet, while everyone else in the apt. has one just for themselves!  He was soo shocked!  Hahaha!
This elder is great though!  He's always so nice and he really doesn't care!  It was just really funny!

So great news!  HNA. Cook and I got our first practice "investigator"  to commit to a baptismal date!  Due to the crazy Christmas season, we really haven't had our real "investigators," just a lot of different substitutes.  But it was such a great lesson!

I'm so excited to be a missionary!  I can't wait for Mexico!

Well I love everyone and I can't wait to hear from you! 

Love,
Hermana Skeen!

No comments:

Post a Comment