Thursday, January 2, 2014

Feliz Ano Nueve!!

Feliz Ano Nueve everyone!!!  (heh...heh...Ok, confession.  I don't actually know how to spell that, I've only ever said it, and my spelling isn't so great...)

Ok, is it really 2014 already??  We're so disconnected from the world, and it does not feel like the year really ended.  All of us missionaries here were very confused yesterday though because everything was closed!  It took us a while to figure that one out.

It was really funny though!  New year's eve, we had our Tuesday night devotional, which was so great btw the way, but I'll get to that later.  Primero, my funny missionary story!  So new year's eve, we had just finished the devotional, and we were on the bus to go  back to west campus for a devotional review, and the bus driver decided to wish us a happy new year, and play music.  And I'm not talking missionary music, I'm talking real life music, annoying pop music.  I'm pretty sure one of the songs was a Bieber song... Ahhh!!  My companions and I were so disconnected from the world, and hearing it was such a shock for us, that we didn't even know how to take it in!!  Hahahaha!!!  We got off that bus as soon as it stopped and then just burst out laughing!!  So funny!

That devotional was so great though!  Elder  Stanley G. Ellis of the 70 spoke, and he just did an amazing job!  He spoke about change voluntary repentance.  I loved how he mentioned, especially with all the new year's resolutions this time of year, how even if we set a goal and only stick with it for a month, or a week, or a day, we are still better.  We are still better because of that one day and how we changed.  The way he said it was just so perfect.  He said a lot of great things!  He compared voluntary repentance to Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. :)  It was a good analogy and way to look at repentance and change.  

If you get the chance, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but on Christmas Eve, we had the opportunity to watch the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar, given at the MTC on Christmas I think 2 years ago.  I highly recommend that you watch that if you can!!!

I was reading in PMG a lot this week, and I really focused on how as missionaries, we are participating in the greatest work in the world.  This is the Lord's work and His Glory (Moses 1:39), and I have the ability to participate in it.  I can give Him my all for the next year and a half.  This is going to be the best year yet!  I get to devote this entire year to the work of the Lord!  This is the eternal salvation of souls, and I can help them receive Christ and the gift that He gave us through the atonement!

Even though it's not an easy job, it's the best there is.  Trios are hard, but it's teaching me to completely love and accept others and work harder myself!  I love being here in the MTC!  It's super scary though, because the end of this week marks the halfway mark for my time here in Provo, and I'm already over 1/3 done!  What???  How???  I don't know Spanish yet!!! :)

No pictures this week, our computers really had it with our zone this week :)  maybe by next week they'll be able to handle it all!  

Well I love and miss you all soo much!!  I hop you're having a great year and time off!  Someone mentioned to me that we should keep a daily gratitude journal as well as just a normal journal.  Just wanted to share that idea with you all!  

Love you all!
Hermana Skeen!

No comments:

Post a Comment