Sunday, December 29, 2013

The First Week in the Empty Sea!

December 25, 2013

Hola everyone!

So this past week has been amazing!  What an experience!  It's been just over a week, but time here is crazy!  The days are super long, but the weeks are super short, and I can't believe I've only been here for a week!  Everyone says the first few days are the longest and the hardest here at the MTC and they are so true!  Everyone always says, "just make it to Sunday!"  And Sundays really are the best!  It has been super fun!

Guess what!  I have met 2 missionary celebrities from The District here!  It's super funny!  

So a little bit about life here, my P-days are Thursdays, obviously, and Tuesday nights and Sunday nights we have devotionals, which are amazing!  Monday mornings are also pretty relaxed because we do a quick service project in the mornings and then gym and lunch with long breaks in between.  So those days are nice breaks for sure!  


My companions (I'm in a trio now) are HNA. Andelin and HNA. Cook.  I love these sisters so much!  they're super cute!  We are in a district with 4 other elders who are headed to the Hermosillo mission in Mexico.  We also have a district of all sisters and a district of all elders and a district of 4 sisters and 4 elders in my zone.  Everyone is so great!

For Christmas we had Elder Bednar come speak, and I again witnessed history!  He passed out phones to us in the Provo MTC, and then in the other MTCs they were able to email.  He then told us that this was our chance to ask whatever questions we wanted to ask an apostle, and he would answer them.  It was really cool.  Every thing he said was just so powerful!  I was going to ask a question of my own, but I felt that I really shouldn't, and here's the cool part, just as he was closing his talk, almost in an out of the blue way, he was able to answer my question!  It was really cool!  After that we went as a zone and had a meeting about his talk and our testimonies.  The spirit was so strong there!  I love my whole zone!

We also had a Christmas talent show, a concert by Ray Smith, and watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas thing.  It was such a good day!

I'm living over on the west campus, which is just the old married couple housing at BYU.  It's really nice over here, because we're separated from everyone, and everyone here speaks Spanish.  The spirit is a lot different on this campus as well, because were not living in dorms, so everyone is more respectful and responsible and really more spiritual.  It's such a blessing to be here, even if the food really isn't as great! :)

Thank you again for all of the gifts!  That was so fun!  I am currently wearing my cow socks!
I will upload my pictures in another email though, because this computer won't let me. 

Oh and I just thought I'd let you know, even though I said I didn't think I would cry, I have been crying way to much, but it's all from just laughing so hard!
The MTC is by far the most "slap-happy" place on earth!!!

On one of my first nights here, it was so great, because when I got home, I looked in the mirror and saw myself for the first time all day.  I was exhausted looking, my makeup had all come off, I looked super tired, but I also looked super super happy!  What a great feeling this is!

Well I love you all and miss everyone so much!  You can dearelder.com me and I will be able to read letters from you the day you send them!

Love,
Hermana Skeen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment